Ok homeschoolers try this problem on special right triangles with 30-60-90 degrees.
Key concepts to remember:
* master these problems as they are very common on the SAT/ACT
* you can always do these problems using the pythagorean theorem.
* you can use basic right triangle trigonometry to help you double check your work.
* make sure you know how to work with square root expressions- on some exams the answers will not be in decimals
* another special right triangle is the 45-45-90.
Important habits to master math:
* write out all steps
* be very neat
* use pencil not pen
* review your work as your go
* make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations- these are the most common places students make mistakes