Ok homeschoolers try this problem on similar polygons.
Key concepts to remember:
* know the difference between congruent and similar.
* make sure you know how set up and solve ratio and proportion problems using the cross-product.
* sometime a problem will require the use of one solution to find the next solution.
* always look at your answer and see if it makes sense compared with the picture.
* similar polygon problems are common on the SAT/ACT.
Important habits to master math:
* write out all steps
* be very neat
* use pencil not pen
* review your work as your go
* make sure you know the basics like fractions, positive and negative numbers and order of operations- these are the most common places students make mistakes